High Schools in Harrisonburg and Rockingham County are invited to submit a minimum of two and a maximum of four applications from the senior class. The number of awards and amounts are determined annually. For 2021, we anticipate awarding $14,000 in scholarships with a minimum of $1,000 per scholarship.
Applications are due at the school guidance departments in late March each year. Please refer to your high school guidance office for deadlines.
- Application Components: The completed application shall include the following (click on each required form name listed to download the form):
- The Application Form
- Record of Community Service Activities and Other School Activities Form
- A Financial Need Form signed by student and parents
- Incomplete Application: An application not completed according to the instructions provided will be disqualified.¨
- Number of Scholarships Awarded: As many scholarships as the income earnings from the endowment will permit will be awarded. This amount will change annually.¨
- Minimum Academic Requirements: Student must have a minimum 2.0 grade average on a 4.0 scale.¨
- Weighting of Scholarship Selection Criteria:
2. 20% essay,
3. 10% paragraph on financial need and
4. 10% overall qualities and impression of applicant.
- Use of Scholarship: The scholarship must be used during the school year immediately following its presentation to the recipient.¨
- Payment of Scholarship: Upon receipt of the college or university tuition bill payment will be made directly to that institution prior to the academic year.